T-post have now allowed subscribers of T-post to wear their T-shirt in front of a web cam and play Rock, Paper, Scissors against the computer. The arm actually extends from the shirt.
The way it works: Every six weeks, subscribers will receive a new issue/tshirt in the mail. The news story is printed on the inside back of the shirt. A graphic artist’s design is printed in the front.
This recent issue is designed by Marc Strömberg. The stories revolve around exotic dance research to marijuana horticulture. f
With the up and coming trend of Geo location apps, GeoGraffiti launches their newly updated iPhone app, Voice Mark.
What it does:
- Allows you to record voice marks on location via Callback or Microphone- so, if your network is slow you can just use the callback option.
- Browse through Voice Marks by topic and location
- You can share your Voice Marks now! That way your friends can hear your Voice Mark on the latest restaurant you just went to. Send them to Facebook and Twitter!
- Hear hilarious Voice Marks – like me snoring like a bear,
- Create your profile to connect with friends and meet new friends.
Why it’s COOOOOOL:
- unlike other geolocation apps, GeoGraffiti actually does something other than just “checking in”
- you can hear the actual emotion of a person’s review. Other review sites are great but you really don’t get a sense of how good it was… or how horrible it was… with GeoGraffiti you can sense exactly how amazing the soufflé was at some restaurant.
- Because the app is on the iPhone and Android (Blackberry will come soon) – Voice Marking something is super easy. Let’s say I go to a show where Elbow is playing… well, all I have to do is open the app and record one of their songs and yell out… “this is fu**ing amazing!!!* and now my friends get to hear the amazing sound of an Elbow show. Hip, hip- this gets sent to twitter and facebook and they can hear it instantly.
- OOOH, I could do the same thing for professors… haha, that way other students can know who gives the most homework or whatnot…
- A business can promote events.. or I can promote a party – hmmm… I think I’ll do that,
- Anyhoot, the possibilities are endless
MadMen is one of the greatest shows on TV. It’s produced by Matthew Weiner. The story revolves around Don Draper, the creative director of the agency– show is mostly about his life- and the people around him.
If you’re an artist, musician, photographer, writer, designer, painter, maker, doer, anything at all and would like to participate in upcoming benefit shows please let us know. SAY will also be publishing newsletters and could really use the help of a wordsmith.
You can contact me directly or contact the group here.
This is an idea that I came across last week. At first, my initial thoughts were – ewwwww— that’s gross! Why would I want to see an art piece in 72ppi, small resolution, and sitting on my computer. Then, as I was thinking about it… I thought, that’s GENIUS! It really is – just let the thought settle in your mind a bit…
Ok, think about it now – you’re an artist, right? you want people to see your work, right? Well, sometimes it’s hard to get people to see your work. There are many obstacles that one has to go through. If shows land on Thursdays then you have to worry about the people who have work. If shows are on Fridays or Saturdays then you have to worry about all the people who all ready have plans. Then there’s the people who would much rather spend their evening with friends at a bar or club rather than an art show. Then there’s people who work. There’s also the question of getting a space. Sometimes we run low on cash- sometimes it’s hard to pay that fee to rent out the space. Sometimes it’s too hard to get your work selected for a major or more professional art gallery. There’s just so many obstacles to get your work seen by the populace. It’s even harder for a beginner – someone who just started showcasing their work. Entry levels artists and designers don’t have much money to be spending on 500+ flyers… or websites… or whatever… so what does one do?
You let the world take a glimpse of your mind on the greatest and most seen venue around… the World Wide Web. Anyone can see it. It takes only a few second for someone to take a glimpse of the artist’s work. If I like it then I’ll go and take the time to find out more information. It’s great! If a group of friends, artists, designers get together to host a mini-show online then this would showcase the work to millions of people world wide.
This is one online show done by Diesel This one is great because the flash is amazing!